Saturday, August 2, 2008

Magazine for the penny pinching photographer


I know I know. You're hurting for gas, and so am I. But not to worry. You don't have to sacrifice entertainment in the midst of today's high prices. Well, at least if you are a photography enthusiast. So to my fellow lens-junkies, meet www.lensculture.com, a FREE online magazine for all things photography. As with any art magazine, Lens Culture features photographs from various artists, and allows readers like you and I to turn in one's photos. Currently, they are working on something dubbed as the "Buddha Project", which (surprise, surprise) is a compilation of Buddha statues from essentially everywhere. The website also features all the trappings of usual magazine website, including a news and commentary blog, a photo book review site containing essays and criticisms of various works, as well as an online store featuring some of its artists. Disclaimer though: these photos are not for tight-budget folks (i.e. myself). But go on! Do not be discouraged. It's a neat website and like I said, it's free. No catch, no gimmick, just pure art.

LINK: www.lensculture.com

PHOTO BY: Rachel Papo

No comments: