Thursday, July 31, 2008

Designer: Tom Judd




Having found 5oup.com, I also was fortunate to come across Tom Judd, one of the creators of 5oup.net. Judd graduated from Manchester Metropolitan with honors for his Bachelor's Degree and is currently completing a Masters at the Royal College of Art in Animations. He clientele includes Barclay, Burton Snowboards, BBC, and Doritos. Snooping around Judd's website, I quickly drew up an admiration for this man. He's got a massive arrangement of multimedia work that is truly impressive. From sketches to illustrations to 2 dimensional playback, Judd has a lot to offer. The one thing I like most about Judd's website is that he has an on-going project where he draws a drawing everyday and posts it up on his site.
Everyday is a self-set project intended to keep me drawing regularly. Each page represents a day of my life and is scanned and uploaded to this site on completion. I am currently in my second year of daily drawing which will finish on the 30th June 08. Volume 3 will begin 1 year after that date. I will endeavor to maintain this year-on year-off schedule through my entire life, and hopefully by the end of it all I will have a nice record of my artistic development.
Anyway, take a look around his site at www.tomjudd.co.uk. Yes, he's european ;)

No comments: