Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Google & Marc Chagall's Birthday


Marc Chagall was born July 7th, 1887 and died March 28th, 1985. As most of you know, Google often has a different logo on their homepage. Well on Marc Chagall's birthday, Google honored him with their logo. Google has celebrated the birthday of Marc Chagall with a new logo on their homepage. To the normal person, if you didn't know it was supposed to say ", you wouldn't had thought there should have been a word there. I think it's one of their better logos. It represents the artist more than the Google logo. Here are a few quotes from the late Chagall- "Only love interests me, and I am only in contact with things I love."And "If a symbol should be discovered in a painting of mine, it was not my intention. It is a result I did not seek. It is something that may be found afterwards, and which can be interpreted according to taste." Also "But perhaps my art is the art of a lunatic, I thought, mere glittering quicksilver, a blue soul breaking in upon my pictures." Though it has been years since his passing, he is still greatly missed.

Original Article

No comments: