Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bast!


So I was researching online on other street artists other than Banksy. Don't get me wrong Banksy is one of my favorites. Then I came across an article on 40 street artists besides Banksy! So that turned out well haha Bast doesn't use a lot of stencils from what I see compared to Banksy. Although, I think that they are a lot alike with personalities of portraying their artwork. They most definitely have a huge satire when it comes to making their pieces. That's why I like them because like all artists, they put a lot of thought into their work. Bast has this really funky cut out of the magazine ordeal that he has going on versus Banksy who uses stencils.

One of our favorite street artists is the Brooklyn-based Bast, whose wheat-paste works can be found around the New York City, especially in SoHo, the East Village and the Lower East Side of downtown Manhattan. There's a new series of images
posted on the Global Graphica web site showing some recent Bast work in SoHo .

Original Article

No comments: