Thursday, October 16, 2008

Banksy!



If you guys don't know who Banksy is, Banksy is probably the most infamous street artist! In my opinion, Banksy is very inspirational! I remember when I first saw a Banksy art design, I just got inspired. His art is usually through paint and stencil. Banksy gives an urban appeal to his artwork and I'm glad he's doing it! In my perspective I think that he uses a lot of comedy and satire. Banksy is an artist that I like most, just because he is very mysterious! He maintained his unknown art for several of years! I think that's just awesome because it shows that he isn't doing it for fame, he's doing it because it's his passion.
Who is Banksy? We may not know his real name, but his art is unmistakably the work of a passionate individual. So what do we know about Banksy? His paintings, stencils, and other art pieces frequently address serious social issues. He takes on capitalism, war, poverty, and governments with grace. His work often displays a keen sense of humor, making it equally possible that you will laugh or cast your eyes down thoughtfully upon seeing a Banksy piece.
And although the pseudonym and the signature style of the artist are well known, there’s not much else that we know for sure about Banksy. A few tidbits of information are widely accepted: he is from Bristol, UK, and got involved in graffiti art sometime in the early 90s. He began to gain widespread notoriety around 2003. He was born in or around 1974 and sports a silver tooth. He is, according to the few people who have met him as Banksy, an unassuming and typical-looking man.

Original Article

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I am selling various prints by:

D*Face
Blek Le Rat (Original spray of "Man who walks through walls"
Banksy (DiFaced tenner) and others
Cauty
Sick Boy
Faile and others.

If you are interested, Please email me at artstar2009@gmail.com

Thanks!