Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Graphic Designer: Scott Hansen




Scott Hansen is a San Francisco based graphic designer (ISO50) and musician (TYCHO). Hansen creates pieces that resemble designs of the 60s and 70s but also has a very contemporary vibe. One of his most famous people whom Hansen has created art for is Bjork and Barack Obama.
Hansen also has a blog in which he updates quite frequently.
I created the blog portion of ISO50 so I’d have a chance to share my influences and the things that inspire me. Over the years I have collected a lot of amazing examples of design and I will be posting the choice specimens here with my commentary. I am no idealogue, and certainly not an intellectual when it comes to design. I hold no college degrees and have never studied design. I have, however, independently practiced graphic design for almost ten years and at this point I feel I have a good grasp of what types of design I enjoy and what styles inform my own work.

Aside from being a graphic designer, Hansen also creates music. Opposite from the retro feel of his designs, Hansen's music is filled with electronic beats and samples that can easily get ambient fans to favor.

Check out Hansen's portfolio, music, and blog.

Designs and Images are by Scott Hansen.

No comments: